My Desktop – September 2014
I’ve decided to do some consolidating of machines. I wanted to combine my main desktop and home server into 1. So i dismantled my server and took my RAID card and hard drives and added onto my desktop. I also got alarger SSD for the OS drive. Here’s what I ended up with.
Here is the list of parts that make up my current desktop.
- Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
- Intel Core i7 3930K
- Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
- G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 1866 F3-14900CL10Q-32GBZL
- Corsair Hydro H80i
- Adaptec 6805 RAID card
- Corsair TX750 V2
- Intel Gigabit NIC EXPI9301CTBLK
- Rosewill RC-507 Firewire card
- iStarUSA BPU-124V2-SS drive cage
- LG 12X BD-R optical drive
- Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1 512GM SSD
- Samsung 830 MZ-7PC256B/WW 256GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2TB 5900 RPM (8x)
Adding 8 hard drives was a bit of a challenge in terms of cable management, but I was able to pull it off. What do you think? You can also check out my video.