First thoughts on the iPod touch
So far the touch is very impressive. I’m currently writing this entry on it. The 16GB isn’t too bad. I would have to create a playlist since my library is far beyond 16GB. A couple of things I noticed right away:
- The keyboard on portrait view is narrower than in landscape. You will be able to see a part of what your typing in portrait. In landscape, since the area is wider, the keyboard is easier to type but you will not be able to see what you’re typing. It may be a setting that I haven’t discovered yet.
- The touch is thinner and lighter than the iPhone.
- There is a youtube application installed. But since there is no Flash plugin yet, going to youtube.com, you will not be able to view the videos. You can only view the videos via the application. Too bad you can’t login to your youtube account when using the application.
- You cannot add a calendar event. You may be able to edit but since I haven’t synced my iCal yet, I don’t know.
- You can add and edit contacts.
- You can purchase songs off iTunes Music Store.
Now these are my first thoughts. I haven’t gone home and fully synced it on my G5. I will post more later when I have more time to play with it.